The most successful businesses today are built on great customer experience. And, if you’re not there yet, you should make this your top priority.
But why should any business be concerned about customer experience? Because it’s good for business and it helps drive sales as well as improve customer retention. Customers expect your businesses to deliver an outstanding experience every time they engage with you.
Let’s explore why you should care about delivering an excellent customer experience and how you can do it.
What is Customer Experience (CX)?
Customer experience (CX) is the way your customers feel about their interactions with your brand. It’s about what they think and how they feel.
Your customers’ experiences encompass all their interactions with you, from the time they find your business to after they’ve made a purchase.
CX is one of the most important things you can measure for your business. It impacts revenue generation and tells you about your customers’ brand loyalty. A satisfied customer is more likely to do business with you again and recommend you to others. Unhappy customers are less likely to buy from you again and might even deter others from doing so as well.
What’s the difference between customer experience and customer service?
There is often confusion about the difference between ‘Customer Service’ and ‘Customer Experience’. Customer service is one element of CX that focuses on human interactions & directly supporting customers; while Customer experience is the sum of all interactions a customer has with your company.
Importance of Customer Experience for your business
The importance of customer experience cannot be overstated. A satisfied customer develops trust in your brand and is more likely to continue doing business with you.
Some benefits you can reap from an exceptional experience to your customers include:
- Increase in customer retention & brand loyalty – When done right, a great customer experience will make your customers stick around for the long haul.
A recent study by PwC found that 73% of consumers say a good experience is key in influencing their brand loyalties.
- Increase in revenue – Happy customers are more likely to continue doing business with you and also recommend you to others. This translates into increased customers’ lifetime value (LTV) and ongoing revenue growth opportunities.
- Competitive advantage – Customers expect a positive experience and when they perceive an interaction as a bad experience, they can leave. Investing in your customers’ experience will give you a competitive advantage against your competitors who don’t.
Every interaction between you and your customers is an opportunity to create a great customer experience. Some of the areas you should look at when working on your CX include:
- How you market & advertise your products/services
- How you work with customers when they have a complaint or problem
- How you handle questions about your products or services
- How easy it is to contact your organization across different channels
- The quality of any resources you provide, such as FAQs or product manuals
- The way you respond to feedback about your business (both good and bad)
4 ways to improve customer experience
1. Collect feedback
Feedback from your customers can provide insight into their expectations, challenges they are experiencing and confirm what’s working well.
You can improve your business by listening to customers’ feedback and acting on it.
2. Be responsive
If your customers have difficulty reaching you, they may not have a great experience. Make sure that you’re available if they need help.
3. Adopt an Omnichannel approach
Omnichannel CX makes it easier for your customers to reach you across multiple platforms and allows customers to have consistent communications with your company, regardless of what channel they’re using.
4. Personalize your CX
A solid CX strategy presents an opportunity for your brand to take a more personal approach with customers, tailoring the customer’s communications experience to their specific needs.
Good customer experience is your ultimate goal. It sounds obvious, but so many companies fall short of providing a good customer experience — or they can’t provide it because they haven’t put the necessary systems in place. Your business must deliver the kind of experience that will make clients want to return again and again. If you don’t give clients the kind of experience they value, they will take their business elsewhere.
Talk to us today and find out how the Go-Experience contact center solutions can help you improve your customer experience.